- Cantaloupe Melon - Cantaloupe melons, with their sweet, orange flesh, are one of the tastiest of the melon family.
- Apple - Nature's perfect ready meal, apples are ready to eat any time.
- Jersey Potatoes, the best spuds of the year - The finest potatoes in the world? Possibly?
- English Apples - Our Lost Heritage - There are thousands of varieties of apples known, but less than 20 commonly sold in supermarkets, and typically less than 5 are common English apple varieties.
- British Strawberries - where has all the taste gone? - Once one of the finest tastes in the fruit world, eagerly awaited every summer, the appeal of British Strawberries is not quite what it used to be...
- Potato - An old classic and a staple food in many potatoes, how much do you know about potatoes?
- Banana - A fruit as popular as it is versatile, how much do you really know about Bananas? You might think they're just yellow, but you can get blue and red ones too.
Every effort is made to ensure that information provided on this website is accurate and trustworthy. However, due to the somewhat ambiguous nature of some of the material, items such as historical accuracy of some articles may be incorrect or open to interpretation. The author of this site has the right to choose which, if any, of these interpretations to apply to any articles contained within this website. However, we will do our best to provide the most technically accurate facts we can about fruit and vegetables. If you feel we have something wrong, please get in touch and let us know - we're always willing to listen!
Regarding articles on this website, all has been written or rewritten by us. Any information that has been quoted verbatim will be noted where required. If you believe we have used something we shouldn't or have misquoted something, please get in touch, but be prepared to prove it!
Regarding images on this website, all images used we have obtained from sources that are either in the public domain or subject to the GNU Public Licence where indicated. Any images we have used will be credited where applicable. If however you believe we have done otherwise with an image, please contact us with details of it and it shall be duly removed and an apology issued.
Regarding use of material contained within this website; you may reuse information from this website provided a credit to us clearly appears somewhere within your material, and/or a link appears within your document/website back to this website. We may also be interested in making available a return link on this website to your material.
If you choose to sign up an account to this website, you acknowledge that from time to time we may send you emails containing material related to this site; we will never use your email address for anything other than this. You will never receive information from us that is not directly related to this site, and we will never willingly divulge your email address to any third parties.
Some of our articles almost border on the slanderous regarding supermarkets and their behaviour with regards to fruit and vegetables. We will never publically name any supermarkets for any bad practises, nor will we make any of them directly identifiable. At least, that is, until our lawyers tell us that it's actually OK to do...